MINUTES OF MEETING
September 16, 2018
Call to Order: 2:00 PM by Nutmeg Chapter President Jonathan (Jon) Yeomans.
The meeting opened with the Pledge of Allegiance led by the Chapter President. Jon extended a heartfelt thank you from the Chapter members to Mitch and Hazel Lichatz for hosting our event at the Farm at Carter Hill in Marlborough, CT. Members enjoyed walking the spacious grounds, observing activities of all the guests at the Bed and Breakfast, the diners at the Goats & Roses, and shoppers at the General Store. The Pavilion was a comfortable and cool venue for the meeting. Mitch and Hazel provided the picnic lunch with pasta dishes and hot dogs and hamburgers grilled by Mitch. The Chapter is grateful for the hospitality of the Lichatz family and appreciates this second invitation to come to the Farm.
Nineteen Club members signed the guestbook and eight members drove their antique truck to the meeting. Those present were introduced to Jonathan and Courtney’s baby daughter, Cassidy Ann Yeomans.
A motion was made to accept the Secretary’s Report of the July 15, 2018 meeting as it appeared in the Newsletter. The motion was seconded and the members voted unanimously to approve the report.
Treasurer’s Report: Period from July 1, 2018 – August 31, 2018: Tom Bachand
- Regular Club Account Activity
Expenses: BTS Graphics & Printing, Newsletter expenses, July meeting reimbursement
- Show Account Activity
Income: Tee Shirt Sales
Expenses: Radio advertisement, East Woodstock Cornet Band, Pomfret Boy Scouts, tents and coolers, grounds
rental, Facebook fee, portable radios
A motion was made to accept the Treasurer’s Report as stated. The motion was seconded and the Chapter members voted unanimously to approve the report.
Membership Report: Elizabeth Robertson
- 161 members on the roster
- Letters sent to members who have not paid dues resulted in most paying and eight being removed from the mailing list.
- 128 members are paid through December 2018, 27 through December 2019, 3 through 2020, 2 through 2023 and 1 through 2027
A motion was made to accept the Membership report. The motion was seconded and the club members voted unanimously to approve the report.
Newsletter Report: Don Arnauckas
- The deadline for the next Newsletter is September 30. Don is still looking for material from members.
- A late entry to the 2018 Calendar of Events: Dave Gagel of Gagel Farms in Orange, CT has invited club members to a picnic lunch on September 28. Old trucks are welcome too.
Social Media Report: Jon Yeomans
- There are 940 followers on the Facebook page.
- Jon has posted recent events and pictures.
- Woodstock Fair
Harold Foskett reported that there was a good representation of Nutmeg Chapter members’ trucks. The actual Fair attendance figure was lower than usual.
- The Wishes on Wheels Convoy and Event There were 9 trucks from the Nutmeg Chapter present on the grounds at Rentschler Field and in the convoy to Bolton. A total of 639 trucks took part in the fundraiser. Don noted that the Wishes on Wheels goody bags distributed to the drivers did include the ATHS Brochure and Nutmeg Chapter flyer. BTS Graphics did the complimentary printing. It was recommended that the Club obtain a Nutmeg Chapter banner or magnetic truck signs for any functions. Vanessa Coutu noted that antique trucks exposure and knowledge among the general public is lacking and we should take advantage of promoting the antique truck club. Jon will ask John Raymond for a company referral and quotation for consideration. All in all, it was agreed by anyone who attended the Wishes on Wheels function that it was a worthwhile cause and an extremely well- executed event with purpose and fun.NEW BUSINESS
2018-2020 Search Committee Formation
There have been no volunteers for the positions of President and Membership Chairperson. Jonathan will call a
Board Meeting to discuss Chapter leadership. There are alternatives including a Board of Directors team leadership.
(Note: Please see President’s Message & By Laws, there are no alternatives for not having a Chapter President.)
- The Thanksgiving Dinner Meeting with Election of Officers date is Sunday November 11, 2018 and will be held at the Haul of Fame Museum in Canterbury, CT. Jonathan and Tom will contact Matthew’s Catering.
- Bylaws Changes: All changes being proposed will appear before the Board of Directors at their next meeting.
One change will be the raise in dues from $10 to $15. The changes will be proposed, discussed, put into the next
Newsletter with time to review them before the vote at our meeting on November 11, 2018 on them.
- As determined at the meeting and recorded in the minutes of the November 2017 meeting, Lee Johnson’s GMC will be the dedicated Show truck for 2019.
- Don Prifti has extended his annual invitation to Nutmeg Chapter members to come to the Pioneer Valley Show on October 7. Location: Westfield-Barnes Regional Airport.
50/50 Raffle Winner: Vanessa Coutu was the winner of the Raffle.
CARES & CONCERNS
- The Chapter expresses its sympathy to Harold Foskett and family on the loss of his Mother. Harold thanked members for the cards and calls he has received.
- Chapter members continue to reach out to Ken and Daisy Miller on the lightning strike destruction of their property.
There being no further business, the meeting adjourned at 3:00 PM.
Betty Jay, Secretary